Get to know Debby
As an E-RYT 500 yoga instructor, Board Certified Licensed Massage Therapist, Anatomy Trains® Structural Integrator, and a Thai massage practitioner and trainer, Debby offers a wide range of services to clients in her private practice in Charlotte, NC. As a YACEP and NCBTMB approved provider, she created her Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints training and which she taught at various yoga studios in the U.S. and abroad. Her other workshops are Anatomy Behind the Movement, The Art of Assist in Yoga, and Restorative Yoga.
Debby’s career in the health and wellness field began as a yoga instructor in 2005. After receiving her massage license in 2011 she studied a mind-body style of acupressure at the Cayce Reilly School of Massage in Virginia and integrated acupoints with Thai massage. With a thirst to learn more in the areas of anatomy, movement and bodywork, Debby became full body certified in Active Release Techniques® and certified in Anatomy Trains® Structural Integration.
Currently, her clientele are primarily yoga practitioners who seek Debby for private yoga instruction and clients seeking bodywork for relaxation or to address injuries or problem areas that require soft tissue treatment. Her work also includes teaching private and group yoga classes, workshops and Thai Yoga Massage.
She is grateful for this profession and plans to continue in this field that has chosen her.
Studio: Charlotte, NC
Debby's workshops are taught in locations across the United States and abroad.
Certifications and registrations
-Certified Anatomy Trains® Structural Integrator
-NCBTMB Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork #758911
-Licensed massage and bodywork Therapy NC#11081
-Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints trainer (NCBTMB Approved #324)
-E-YRT 500 and Yoga Alliance Continuing ed provider
-Certified Active Release Techniques® Provider (Full body certified)
-Certified SFMA Level 1 & Level 2
Qualifications and courses taken
- 200 hr yoga teacher training completed 2007
- 500 hr yoga teacher training completed in 2009
- 240 hours (6 levels) of Lotus Palm® Thai Massage (completed 2009)
- Graduated massage school April 2011, North Carolina licensed massage in May 2011
- 200 hours in acupressure (from Feb 2012 – Feb 2013)
- 66 hours in Authentic Thai Traditional Nerve-touch healing massage and foot reflexology in Chiang-Mai Thailand (April 2013)
- Active Release Techniques® - Lower Extremities (Feb 2015)
- Active Release Techniques® – Spine (July 2015)
- Active Release Techniques® – Upper extremities (Feb 2016)
- Active Release Techniques® – Complex Protocol (June 2016)
- Neuro-Kinetic Therapy® – level 1 (Oct 2015)
- Kinesiology taping redefined: Fascial movement taping level 1 (Feb 2016)
- Anatomy Trains® in Structure and Function (Aug 2016)
- Anatomy Trains® Structural Integration Part 1: Structural Essentials (Sept 2018)
- Anatomy Trains® Structural Integration Part 2: Structural Strategies (Nov 2018)
- Anatomy Trains® in Motion (Jan 2019)
- Anatomy Trains® 5 day Fascial Dissection (Jan 2019)
- Anatomy Trains® Structural Integration Part 3: Structural Integration (Mar-June 2019)
- Graduated Anatomy Trains® Structural Integration (June 2019)
- Active Release Techniques® - Nerve Entrapment (Oct 2019)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment 1 (Nov 2019)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment 2 (Jan 2020)
Upcoming courses for Debby
- Tom Myer's "You Missed The Legs!" Dealing with Anterior Pelvic Shift